Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crossing Over

One of our commenters, the mystery fobbiemom, said "Give me information favorable to conservatives from a liberal source, or liberals from a conservative source, and I will have an easier time getting to the truth." I've been trying to think of some such sources. May I present an alternative? I'm listing some of my favorite conservative bloggers, all of whom identified as Democrats until recently.

Betsy Newmark is a history and government teacher. Her blog is one of my first stopping places each morning. She has a phenomenal way of summarizing what she's been reading in the blogosphere.
The Anchoress is my second stopping place. She writes from a Christian/Catholic perspective. She is also great at summarizing the commentariat.
LaShawn Barber was one of my daily stopping places when she was writing about politics on a regular basis. She is now writing on a more diverse range of topics. She also writes from a Christian perspective.
I check out Baldilocks' site maybe once a week. Similar to LaShawn Barber.
And then there's Neo-Neocon...not only a recent convert to conservatism, but one who still lives in the Northeast and works as a therapist. I check out her blog about once a month.
And Tammy Bruce whose site I check out maybe every 6-8 weeks or so.

Hmmm. I didn't realize that my favorite bloggers were mostly crossovers from the Democratic Party...and women. Well to spice things up, here's a blogger Ian and I recently discovered that we keep intending to check out more - Queer Conservative.

But this is one pseudo-crossover that I found to be incredibly intriguing. One of Hillary Clinton's former fundraisers. Here's her explanation for why she's going to vote for McCain/Palin. Poor woman has taken a LOT of hits from announcing her intentions as such.



Clarice

1 comment:

Anna said...

Interesting that this woman said that the Democrats use the abortion issue to scare people and that a woman's right to choose is protected by the constitution. If she's right, the religious right would be disappointed in what McCain/Palin could do in the White House on this issue.