Thursday, September 25, 2008

Leadership

I was quite impressed when I read that Senator McCain had decided to suspend his campaign to go to Washington to work on the "bailout bill". I thought it was a gutsy move given how close this race is.

I waited to hear how Senator Obama would respond when McCain suggested postponing the debate. I was disappointed to hear that he didn't want to postpone, indicating that he thought the American people would expect their President to be able to do multiple things at the same time, but that he would be available to help if needed.

I thought it was interesting that they both ended up in DC after all at the request of the current President.

Overall, I think it demonstrates leadership on the part of John McCain to act in the best interests of the country rather than that of his campaign.

Other sources that I read agree:

The Anchoress
Ed Morrissey here and here at HotAir (which inspired the name of this blog)
Mike Gallagher, whose talk radio show my sister-in-law recommends

Clarice

No comments: