Monday, November 3, 2008

Social Justice Myth

Hey, gotta get this thought out there. It's not my own thought but it makes sense. I think I heard it on Hugh Hewitt, but I can't remember and I couldn't find it online.

The argument is Compassion vs. Standards. Democrats claim to be the party that cares about the poor and downtrodden, but their compassion actually ends up hurting those they hope to help. For example, the desire to make house ownership available to the poor even if they had bad credit and couldn't afford the payments seemed like a compassionate thing to do. But in the end, after their houses foreclosed, they were worse off than if they had not been encouraged to buy a house.

Lets take the high road and practice compassion in the long term by keeping our standards high!

Ian

No comments: